Franchisees are tasked with finding newer and better ways to appeal to an ever-growing number of mobile device users. To benefit from the prevalence of mobile technology, franchisees must engage mobile users in multiple aspects, including:
The great affinity people have for mobile technology demonstrates how the promise of person-to-screen interface can be attractive to customers.
Of course, while it will be important to strike up a good balance between time with a computer and time with a person, the use of in-store devices has been shown to fine tune the daily operations of various businesses while making customers happy.
- Tablets in restaurants – Many major restaurant chains (Chili’s and Applebee’s being the pioneers) are moving towards tablet use to speed up the process of paying checks as well as placing orders and entertaining guests. The mobile technology gives patrons more control over their dining experience and alleviates the job of the server.
- Mobile payment systems – Payments made by mobile device are becoming common. Many businesses are developing apps to accommodate mobile transactions.
People hardly present themselves physically to express interest or make negotiations (at least not initially), but always have their phones on them, making mobile contact the most effective form of advertising.
First and foremost is drawing users in with a good-looking, user-friendly mobile site that people will want to visit. Remember, easy access to major selling points and features is vital.
Here’s what you should have:
- Email Strategy: A basic, yet highly effective way for franchise marketers to connect is through a comprehensive email strategy that sends out regular emails to people who sign up for the mailing list, including emails for promotions and mobile site updates.
- Pay-Per-Click: An effective mobile search strategy must also be in place, guaranteeing that the mobile site will receive high exposure in search results. Marketers should definitely take advantage of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising in their mobile marketing strategies, using keyword research tools (such as the free Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, and others) to get a feel for the activity level of their target audience based on the search volume of any given keyword relevant to their products or services.
- Directories: When mobile devices are the platform for advertising, it is also important to keep in mind that mobile users will undoubtedly use voice-activated searching, making it just as important to submit directions to franchise locations to directories such as Siri and Google Places.
Mobile technology now has a prominent place within the franchise system itself. Communication via mobile technology helps franchisors in making firm commitments to each individual franchisee. Franchisors can now:
- Put franchisees through online university via mobile devices.
- Make webinars and conference calls easier through telecommunication software.
Overall, positive relationships are fostered when inventory control is managed with mobile technology: basically, keeping everyone in touch keeps things running smoothly, and that, coupled with good mobile marketing and state-of-the-art in-store draw-ins, is invaluable to the franchise.
If you need help with your mobile marketing, give us a call. We’ll certainly help.